This just came up again, and I need to emphasize a strong point when collecting and foraging in Nature.
MAKE SURE YOU READ AND ABIDE BY ALL STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS on collecting and harvesting commodities for profit.
I live in an area that has a National Wildlife Refuge in close driving distance. I pride myself for following and abiding by laws and regulations covering collecting, removing, and selling commodities from the wild. I found out that there are certain things that I have been guilty of without the intent to break the law.
I am not going to go into details...for obvious reasons...but " read and heed "all rules and regulations for the proposed area that you are going to be harvesting and foraging, if it involves city, state, or federal lands.
The penalties are severe.
Here is one example:
A hunter that hunts waterfowl on the NWR, was target practicing with his dog at the place that he normally hunts during the season. He was using the required shot gun shells, and also using a dummy bird that gets shot from a holder. He was swooped down on by three federal officers, guns drawn, putting him knees to the ground, and given a ticket for over $250 for discharging a firearm within the NWR out of hunting season. No warning ticket, just the fine. This hunter abides by all the rules....he thought. It was an eye opener for me.
The laws concerning alcohol, artifacts, collecting, disturbing behavior,fireworks, geocaching, vegetation, campfires, firewood, sanitation, among others are different on federal lands
Know your stuff. There is no warning issued when the feds arrive.
Here is a site to check out before your next Wild Harvest for Profit.
Your in Wild Harvest Profits success.
- Wild Grape Vines Tips!
- New Information for Using a Handheld GPS for Wild ...
- Wild Harvest Profits - Keep Looking for Profit.
- Wild Harvest Profits - Burdock the Money Root
- Wild Harvest Profits - Caution when collecting in ...
- Wild Harvest Profits - Theft Alert while in the fi...
- Wild Harvest Profits - Is This All Wrong and For N...
- There Dry and ready for storage
- Wild Harvest Profits - Keep Checking Drying Roots...
- Wild Harvest Profits History Tip
- Start Scouting now for Fall Profits
- Rain and Humidity doesn't help Wild Harvesting
- The Start to this Blog was premature...Now We Are ...
- ▼ August (13)